Ningxia Pure Biology Technology Co., Ltd.
1) Detoxifies heavy metals: One of the most talked health benefits of Spirulina is that it effectively detoxifies your body from heavy metals, especially arsenic. Spirulina can bind with heavy metals and remove them from the body. Emerging evidence also suggests that Spirulina binds with radioactive isotopes and may be helpful in radioactivity exposure or radiation therapy. Spirulina is also rich in chlorophyll, which helps in removing toxins from the blood and boosts the immune system.
2) Helps prevent cancer: Various studies have revealed that Spirulina increases the production of antibodies and infection-fighting proteins that help improve immunity and keep infections and chronic illnesses like cancer at bay. Spirulina is also rich in tetrapyrrolic compounds closely related to bilirubin molecule, a potent antioxidant, and an anti-proliferative agent.
4) Reduces cholesterol: If your cholesterol level is high, it is an alarming situation. Apart from medications, if you take herbal supplements to reduce cholesterol, it`ll be greatly beneficial for your body. Studies show that consuming Spirulina reduces elevated cholesterol levels and also prevents atherosclerosis.
5) Eliminates Candida: Candida is a type of yeast infection caused on the skin or the mucous membrane. Leaky gut syndrome and improper indigestion are directly connected to micro floral imbalance. A diet rich in sugars and unnatural ingredients, ineffective antifungal drugs, and antimicrobial resistance have made our bodies more susceptible towards yeast infections like Candida. Studies suggest that Spirulina is an effective anti-microbial agent, especially for Candida. Spirulina promotes the growth of healthy bacterial flora which helps curb Candida from thriving. Spirulina also has immune strengthening properties which help the body eliminate Candida cells.
6) Boosts energy: People who regularly take Spirulina have higher energy levels as compared to those who don`t take it. An ideal way to consume Spirulina is combining 1tbsp Spirulina powder with 350ml lime juice and freezing it in an ice tray. You can add this to a glass of water and drink the concoction for a boost of health. Spirulina and lime enhance the energy performance because they unlock sugars from our cells. When frozen, the cold ice increases metabolic energy and gives you that much-needed boost of energy.
7) Helps in weight loss: Spirulina is one of many nutrient dense foods. Experts suggest that diet rich in nutrient dense protein-rich foods promote weight loss. Spirulina is an ideal example of nutrient-dense protein-rich food. Such foods take more energy to metabolize, eating them helps maintain lean tissues and also contributes to fat burning. When trying to lose weight hunger pangs is a problem we want to kick away. Spirulina can also curb hunger pangs. For best results, eat Spirulina in the morning or as mid-day instead of night. It is also known to increase fat burning during exercise. The high antioxidant levels help in reducing exercising related oxidation which leads to the inability to gain muscles and muscle fatigue.
8) Alleviates sinus: If you are someone who suffers from sinus, then Spirulina can be highly beneficial for you. It reduces inflammation which is one of the main cause of sinus. As mentioned above, Spirulina is effective in reducing itching, nasal discharge, and sneezing.
10)Rich in antioxidants: Spirulina has a high content of antioxidants. Antioxidants are powerful substances that protect our cells from damage. It is a known fact that consuming foods rich in antioxidants will be beneficial for your body. Amidst the many antioxidants, phycocyanin, a potent anti-inflammatory substance stands out and makes Spirulina much talked about.
These were some of the top health benefits of Spirulina. Taking Spirulina powder or Spirulina capsules is a good way to include Spirulina in your diet. But make sure you consult your doctor before taking it. Your doctor would suggest the right amount and make sure you don`t exceed that amount. Excess of everything is bad, and it may cause negative effects on your body.